Toll roads and the law

Well surely the use of a disabled space would not apply. An able bodied driver would I'm sure drop his passenger off at the entrance to the store and find a space amongst the rabble.

This has the added advantage of removing the risk of his passenger being knocked over.

HN

Reply to
H. Neary

Are you all complete fuxking morons?

Someone with, for example, cerebellar ataxia needs to be ACCOMPANIED. You can't just tip them out and leave them to it.

Reply to
polygonum

Or severe Alzheimer's, as in the case of my MiL.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Yes; they can f*ck right off. If breeders choose to reproduce, they can bloody well walk the same distance as everybody else.

Reply to
grimly4

Reply to
grimly4

On Feb 19, 9:43=A0pm, H. Neary wrote= :

age

Bollocks, I'm not a professional driver. My incapacity does not affect my ability to drive, I use the engine to move the car, it also helps with the braking and steering. I havn't used a pedal-car in 35 years.

Reply to
thirty-six

That appears to be everyone. Many will double park rather than walk a few yards.

If you are disabled I see nothing wrong in having a wider than average bay to make getting out of the car easier. Just because someone appears to be able to walk reasonably ok doesn't mean they are as supple as others. And car park bays are often quite tight.

I usually park at the far end of the carpark. I thank my higher power I still have the use of my legs. Even at my advanced age. I'm happy to leave all those spaces close to the entrance for those poor healthy types who seem unwilling to walk more than a couple of yards. Or are so short on time it really makes a difference.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Feb 18, 10:52=A0pm, H. Neary wrot= e:

Normally, disabled spaces are located nearer the supermarket/whatever than the other spaces.

Neil

Reply to
Neil Williams

the other advantage of parking away from the door is that there are usually plenty spare bays which makes opening doors and tailgate a lot easier.

Reply to
charles

Many stores provide electric "scooters" for those who cannot walk around unaided.

I will to some extent give you that one. While I can and do avoid them by doing supermarket shopping late in the evening where possible (the joys of 24hr opening) there is nothing more annoying than a family of four dawdling around the supermarket with badly-behaved children in tow.

A single parent obviously has no choice in the matter. But these "family outings" to the supermarket are just a pain. If one adult went shopping while the other stayed at home/went somewhere else e.g. the park with the children (or if wanting to give a child experience of the supermarket one adult brought one child and supervised them properly rather than letting them run riot while husband and wife decide which wine they want tonight), the whole issue would be avoided.

Neil

Reply to
Neil Williams

"Dave Plowman (News)" :

Quite so. And that way, you stand a better chance of staying healthy longer than they will.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Which is exactly what one did to mine - furious because all the parent and child spaces were full. She even screamed this as an excuse for damaging my car. Totally unrepentant. My car had just come out of the body shop having the exact same door repaired after a hit and run. I was actually sitting in the car when she did it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Did she pay for the damage?

Reply to
Tim Streater

16 months ago I parked on the far side of a supermarket car park to be safe. Returned to car to find I was in the middle of an area used by the school run. Got into car and an early teenager threw the back door of a 4WD into the side of my wife's car putting a hefty dent in the wheel arch. Fortunately after some persuasion the driver's insurers paid for it.
Reply to
Hugh - Was Invisible

No. Gave me a false name and address. Police not interested even although I had a witness in the form of the car park attendant.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If you see her again, burn her car.

Reply to
Huge

The match would be worth more.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

With her in it.

Reply to
Huge

If they see my car they'll park well away from it.

Reply to
grimly4

0.5km motorway markers passed every 16 seconds keeps you within 70mph limit(close enough)..
Reply to
thirty-six