Toilet seat - sorted!

Working in a house this morning & saw the solution to the toilet seat that won't stay up!
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l284/davidlang_photos/toiletseat.jpg
Ingenious - no idea who makes them though....
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

All's I see is a Toilet seat?

We've seen a pic of the possible solution but we haven't seen a pic of the actual problem . Can't see that this one is much different from what I have or any others I have seen except mine has two hinge blocks and this one has a wooden block . What I'd like to know is why the face of the cistern ( the problem one) is so far forward relative to the toilet bowl that the seat won't stay up .
On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 17:21:09 +0100, NOSPAMnet wrote:

========================================Maybe someone mixed without matching - wrong cistern for the bowl.
Cic.
Using Ubuntu Linux
from snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com contains these words:

Designed -- or mismatched -- by a woman, presumably :-)
Though I understand that some women (though none of my acquaintance, AFAIK) use a standing position -- and in Germany men are exhorted to do the opposite. "Pinkeln im stehen verboten!" Life is endlessly interesting.

More likely to have been changed for an unsuitable cheap Chinese ersatz replacement from a shed.
Andy would have had a thing or two to say about it I'm sure.
Chinese toilets don't have seats do they ... %-|[

Derek

Chinese toilets are just a hole in the floor, with, if you're lucky, a hose to squirt any overspill in the direction of the said hole in the said floor. If they're VERY posh they've got a proper ceramic hole in the floor, complete with moulded-in grips for your feet.

What more do you need ?
--
geoff

geoff wrote:

Civilisation has yet to reach Wotfud...
:-)
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

IMO, washing your arse with water is much more hygienic than scraping the shit off with a bit of paper
--
geoff

geoff wrote:

We have moist toilet wipes enriched with aloe vera down here in Kent...
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

How girly !
--
geoff

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 13:03:16 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
Is that what you call it ?
You stick your head down between your legs and shout ...
Derek

I stuck my head down where suggested and shouted "Derek" but you didn't appear;!...
--
Tony Sayer

Ah - you should have shouted "aloe Derek"
--
geoff

geoff wrote:

Just don't feel you have to wait around for a reply
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Do you also have lots of blocked drains?
That'll be a sacrifice made when the cwedit cwunch bites .. no more aloe moistened wipes, back to the bronco and make sure you use both sides.
Owain
We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Owain

Izal, or wire brush.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a

And don't forget the emergency turps.
--
Andy Clews
University of Sussex

Is there any truth in reports that Chinese pigs are fed on human excreta?
--
Frank Erskine