toilet flush mechanism

I have one of those dual flush button push toilets.

First off I'm not convinced the dual flush bit makes any difference which part of the button you press.

The main thing is I've had to replace the whole mechanism a couple of times and even now it breaks on a regular basis. What happens is that there's a cable with a ball on the end which fits in a slot in a plastic lever. The ball periodically manages to pull through the slot. I've had no success in trying to mend it. No doubt a small metal casting would do it but is beyond me.

All I want is a new but reliable flush mechanism.

Any recommendations?

Reply to
andyv

Might help if you tell us what make you've got now?

I've used Opella, which as I recall I had problems with (but can't remember the details) and lately Fluidmaster. The latter have given me a couple of problems with the valve not dropping back down after flushing, which seems to be caused by the cable (like a bicycle brake cable) binding. Spoke to Fluidmaster who suggested taking apart the push-button end and lubricating the cable. I haven't tried this yet - I just swapped out the troublesome units (to avoid further callbacks) but still have the iffy ones so I'll have to have a play with them on a tame installation (e.g. my own house :-)) when Tuits allow.

Reply to
YAPH