Todays apprentice:-)

He has second fixed a job that I first fixed. Now only 3 of the 4 picture lights worked when the lightswitch was turned on.
He phoned me and asked about the route of the cable. Now only the 3rd light in a radial circuit from the light switch worked.
Anyone care to guess the problem:-)?
--
Adam

ARW wrote:

You bein' a prat comes to mind? *eg*
You only need to reverse one set of two wires to create the opposite problem to before. Seems to me that he has to be colour blind and unable to count. Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Unbeliever" < snipped-for-privacy@invallliiid.com> wrote in message
Brian Gaff wrote:

I thought wiring colours were chosen to be such high contrast it didn't matter what colour perception you had. Doesn't help with the counting, though.
JGH

Drilled through the cables to fix the lights to the wall!!?
--
Toby... remove pants to reply

Toby wrote:

All the picture lights were wired up correctly.
--
Adam

On Friday, July 26, 2013 7:56:11 PM UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

His parents gave him an Ex Box to play with as a child, instead of wires and torch-bulbs?
Owain
snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

Not this one. He cares about his work. And he wired up the picture lights correctly.
--
Adam

On 26/07/2013 19:56, ARW wrote:

Is the one that now works, the one that did not before?
--
Cheers,

John.

I bet when you were an apprentice you were just perfect?

I dread to think what you were like, to have turned out how you have.
harryagain wrote:

I have never been perfect or claimed to be perfect.
--
Adam

On 26/07/2013 19:56, ARW wrote:

He fucked up?
--
David

Lobster wrote:

Not electrically. He had 4 picture lights in a radial. Only no 3 worked. When this light was moved to position 4 it still worked. When the light from position 4 was moved to position 3 it did not work. It was about as the stupid mistake I made with a TV a week ago.
--
Adam

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 17:32:09 +0100, ARW wrote:

Duff bubble or individual on/off switches?
--
Cheers
Dave.
Dave Liquorice wrote:

WINNER
It was individual on/off switches
I have the T shirt for doing the same.
--
Adam

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 19:24:58 +0100, ARW wrote:

Woo hoo! Do I get a T-Shirt?

Ah, BTDTGTS...
--
Cheers
Dave.
Dave Liquorice wrote:

No. And not even five pounds or a free pencil :-)

Indeed. But the same apprentice was sent to a hospital to sort out some lights that were not working in main reception. His work sheet said "pressed the lightswitch and the lights turned on". So he is smarter than the hospitals estates department who did not know where the lightswitch was (it's on the wall, it looks like a lightswitch and it acts like a lightswitch).
--
Adam

On 28 Jul,

They can be well disguised. A club (techy) that I belong to hires a room in a centre for people with learning difficulties. One evening half the lights weren't working. We hunted everywhere for a switch.
A long time member arrived, and said switch was on a certain wall above the worktop. It was, a rocker switch, flush mounted (I mean *flush* mounted, plastered level with the *front* of the face plate) and painted over to match the wall. Now I know it's there I still have difficulty locating it. I suspect it was deliberately disguised.
--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply
On 29/07/2013 12:34, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

Why didn't they just fit a key switch or put it in a lockable cabinet? Oh I recall, "learning difficulties" make such options too difficult for the staff.