Todays apprentice:-)

Woo hoo! Do I get a T-Shirt?

Ah, BTDTGTS...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The glass envelope of a light "Bulb"? and, by extrapolation, the bulb (lamp) itself.

Reply to
charles

I asked some "You get bulbs from the fu**in garden centre"

Apparently the correct term is lamp...

Reply to
gremlin_95

A "lamp" or luminaire is the whole assembly of enclosure, refelectors, lenses etc. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

No. And not even five pounds or a free pencil :-)

Indeed. But the same apprentice was sent to a hospital to sort out some lights that were not working in main reception. His work sheet said "pressed the lightswitch and the lights turned on". So he is smarter than the hospitals estates department who did not know where the lightswitch was (it's on the wall, it looks like a lightswitch and it acts like a lightswitch).

Reply to
ARW

So it's pure affectation then.

Reply to
Tim Streater

:-)

And the earth core of a cable is a CPC.

Reply to
ARW

And a light fitting is a "Luminaire".

Reply to
Graham.

How else can the luvvies spot an outsider?

Reply to
Graham.

no - that's a lantern (or indeed luminaire)

Reply to
charles

a luvie wouldn't know waht you were talking about - a techie would.

Reply to
charles

We'll have none of that Froggy nonsense here.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

They can be well disguised. A club (techy) that I belong to hires a room in a centre for people with learning difficulties. One evening half the lights weren't working. We hunted everywhere for a switch.

A long time member arrived, and said switch was on a certain wall above the worktop. It was, a rocker switch, flush mounted (I mean *flush* mounted, plastered level with the *front* of the face plate) and painted over to match the wall. Now I know it's there I still have difficulty locating it. I suspect it was deliberately disguised.

Reply to
<me9

Why didn't they just fit a key switch or put it in a lockable cabinet? Oh I recall, "learning difficulties" make such options too difficult for the staff.

Reply to
dennis

Snot.

Reply to