Tiny Ensuite

I am contemplating building a small ensuite bathroom, the width of a

700mm shower tray and 2.1m long. This would mean 3 areas of 700*700 for a shower tray, standing and a toilet. Then a wall mounted small basin.

Does this sound feasible?

Reply to
avocado

If you've ever been in a pleasure boat loo/shower room you'll realise that this is feasible!!

Regards - Lightman

avocado wrote:

Reply to
Lightman

Seems about the size of the ensuite on our cruiseship recently. Outward opening door basin straight ahead, shower to one side, wc other side. This one was a "module" so walls and floors all sealed together. Robert

Reply to
robert

Sounds very much like a bathroom in a typical budget London hotel. They work provided you are not "large".

Reply to
shaun

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid saying something like:

Sounds about the size of en-suites in modern shoebox houses.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Yes if the shower is one end, WC the other, and small wall mount basin and outward opening door in the middle. You need to think about where the pipework is going, especially WC waste and shower waste which needs an adequate fall.

You could also consider a wet room, which may make other layouts possible.

Reply to
djc

If space is tight you can put the sink on top of the cistern, draining directly into it to save water. If its even tighter you could then put the loo in/on the shower tray, so that you sit on it while showering, and the shower fills the cistern saving even more water :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Dirty water draining into the toilet cistern? Doesn't sound very good to me?

Reply to
avocado

Do you often drink from your toilet?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Dispense with it altogether and just piss in the shower. Save No 2s for the main bathroom or toilet break at work.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Ok for blokes, but the ladies often find it a challenge, though in my college rooms, top floor and three flights from the toilet, one GF managed the basin all right. I used it all the time. My erstwhile friend used to go on the roof and target passing cyclists.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

This is common in Japan, don't know why you don't see it over here. Cistern lid is a basin, with a tap on top that starts automatically when you flush.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher saying something like:

Or just enlarge the shower drain hole and use a commode-style chair. Plenty of Asian toilets of the hole-inna-plank variety use the principle.

Ah, the joys of student life. It's funny how pissing in the sink loses its appeal when it's your own place.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon