Time to give up with Amazon?

Well, amazon do have a couple of servers kicking around to store data on!

Reply to
Andy Burns

But it makes you wonder what they need the cookies for if the important stuff is stored in the cloud. Out of interest, I just checked to see if if there were any Amazon cookies left since I closed the last FF tab relating to Amazon over two hours ago. There are still six Amazon cookies remaining!

On Pale Moon I have Cookie Crusher, which deletes all cookies from a website after the tab is closed. I couldn't see anything equivalent for FF, but I'll have another look on their add-ons list.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

Colin Bignell would disagree with you.

Reply to
mm0fmf

In general at a minimum you need one cookie to identify you after you have logged on, to carry your identity between page loads. If you don't do it that way you have to carry the identity using a URL like amazon.com/whatever?my-id=whatever which is grossly insecure, or log in for every page. Once amazon knows who you are of course all your history is stored including baskets that were never checked out.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Whoa, looks like we got a pirate here!

Reply to
soup

Why? ISTR he just said he knew how to navigate through the order process without also buying prime. That does not change the above.

Reply to
John Rumm

I recall once, whilst concentrating so as to avoid being "accidentally" signed to Amazon Prime; I inadvertently signed up to Amazon Music instead (or some such thing they were pushing at the time). :-/

#Paul

Reply to
#Paul