Thunderbird settings to read Usenet News?

try XPN 1.2.6 if you dont need email, RSS feeds its just simple nntp

--

Reply to
Mark

I don't think it's at that point, I've been using v115 on my home machine for several weeks, with just a few tweaks* to make it look pretty damned similar to v103, haven't upgraded the work machine yet, but won't have any worries about it upgrading once they take the blocker off.

The changes aren't from adding features, but from re-implementing chunks of the UI to use libraries that *are* still maintained by mozilla/firefox devs, rather than old crusty libraries abandoned several years ago.

Overall it should make it better supported, sure there are a couple of things that changed during the re-write, which if I could turn them off, I would do.

[*] If anyone gets the v115 upgrade and wants to use the tweaks, look for my posts in a.c.s.thunderbird.
Reply to
Andy Burns

If it only worked.

I used to use that all the time, but I'm getting some kind of database corruptions. I arrive in a group to find it isn't sorting things by threads. Turn that back on, then view/threads/unread and suddenly there are no messages. Exit the group, back in, and I have all messages but unthreaded.

It happens to one group or other most days.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I use the quick filter toolbar "unread", usually with the "sticky pin" option so it persists when changing between groups

Reply to
Andy Burns

Oh yes. Had that one. delete the group and rejoin it works for a while

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I can "repair" the group (right click it, properties, repair folder) and that sorts it out.

But.

It pops up a dialogue asking how many messages I want to download, twice, and the Z order of the popups is a bit random so sometimes I have to do it two or three times.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris