Those 2 royals

US taxpayers? Subsidies? We must be told! Goddamit etc etc

Reply to
Jimk

They are welcomed to go anywhere and do whatever they want, As long as us taxpayers no longer subsidise their high life style

Reply to
Broadback

and the rest of the royal family, are currently being thrown under the bus to stop the press talking about something else happening at the end of the month.

1) Self assessment tax returns 2) Leaving the EU 3) Windows 7 4) WW III
Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Just because one person gets assassinated, doesn't mean there will be a world war.

Oh, wait...

Reply to
Bob Eager

I think we might have learnt a teeny something since then.

In addition, of course, although the taxpayer forks out £80M/year or so for our Head of State and assorted hangers-on, the taxpayer gets all the income from the Crown Estates. which amounts to over £200M/year.

Reply to
Tim Streater

How much invisible earnings does the UK Royal family make for our balance of payments ?.

I thought you lived in a tax haven, so you don't pay any tax ??.

Reply to
Andrew

Er, I think you're getting mixed up with me. But I totally agree with NP on this matter. I also find it extremely vexing when this pair are described in the media as "senior royals." That term really only properly applies to the Queen, Philip, Charles and Anne. Neither Harry nor what'sername are royal, in fact. Harry is the fruit of another man's loins and that man was a commoner. And giving them the dukedom of Sussex - wtf? What connection have either of them got to the county? They pay lip service and visit it once; doesn't mean a damn thing. So they can relinquish those titles as well as pack in sucking on the public teat for everything else AFAIC. Like many others I knew Harry had made a giant chump of himself getting hitched up to an American divorcee Hollywood actress. What could possibly go wrong? Plenty still to come I reckon. :(

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Legally, for a very long time, a child belongs to the husband regardless of genetics. The alternative would be too complicated and disruptive, certainly before DNA.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Indeed. Anyway, for many very good reasons that boy must be a grave disappointment to Major Hewitt.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Yet another opportunity to test the bounds of human ire.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Harry and whatserface saying they're going to leave the Royal Household but take all the family silver with them is akin to the UK saying 'we're leaving the EU but we're going to continue to have a rewarding and cordial relationship. In both cases, you need the consent of the other party before you lay out how it's going to be. Harry has been a *massive* chump and this woman has quite turned his head. <cue-up 'when a man loves a woman' by Percy Sledge>

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Given William is in the direct line of succession, most would consider him a senior royal? Senior as in important?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

When he was #3 maybe, but now he's #6? Not so much.

Reports say one of the reasons the royals are so pissed off with this week's developments is that they were planning on slimming down and Harry/Meghan were going to be part of the cuts anyway. FFS if he's got £30m in the bank, what's he worried about?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Well quite.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Nothing he *should* be; that much is clear.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Surely Meghan has a bit of money making potential, with her Hollywood connections. They could probably do a reality tv show, like The Osbournes. The series finale could be Harry meeting his real dad.

If that wasn't to their taste, Harry could do an investigation series into who murdered his mum. Probably good to get that one underway ASAP before the main suspect pops off. A second series could investigate the Epstein connection.

I know Gore Vidal said the royals were exceptionally boring people, but I think, with the right writers, Harry could make a good fist of it.

Reply to
Pancho

Number 2 surely, after Charles.

Reply to
Scott

William is #2, and Harry was #3 until William and Kate started their family, now 3 in number, thus relegating Harry to #6.

Chris Hogg

who is #1, Andrew #2, Harry #3 (but the his brother had children)

Reply to
charles

Eh? What has changed?

Reply to