The ultimate torch?

The only problem with these, IME, is that the batteries are cr*p, and only last a few charge/discharge cycles. A decent replacement battery is an order of magnitude more expenive than the torch ...

Reply to
Huge

Screwfix had 4D Maglite incandescent which are 123 lumen or so. Much brighter than the 2AA or 2D Maglite for a car and due to the length can be carried under your arm, about =A313 on special offer recently,

10xD Duracell are about =A37 delivered from Ebay.

LED are good for close work, but the reflector quality is important. Quite why Maglite are not "hex-bar" to stop the damn things rolling around puzzles me, just infuriating.

DIY.... car spotlight, with handle & magnet, with 17Ah rechargeable gel battery in an adaptable box still wins.

Reply to
js.b1

Just being funny, the torch I use the most is an ultrafire WF-500, it uses rechargeable 18650 lithium batteries which you probably have to import and a battery charger ( but not too expensive) try ebay.

Reply to
F Murtz

the biscuit: Packing 7 CREE LEDs into it''s rugged aluminium frame...

Reply to
mike

I've got one of these. MUCH cheaper and almost as bright

nicknoxx

bright

?

Don't you have bloody great lasers anyway?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Machine time , Mags are machined from bar , Mag got fined few years agio for selling the alloy swarf out the back door and failing to declare it.

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

HID are kind of fragile but they are about, Maxabeam , way ahead of the pack, developed by guy called McManus who also developed rigging and power systems for rock`n`roll tours

cheaper , purveyor of cheap torches at all levels

Ultimate perfomance is the Spectrolab Nightsun, helicopter searchlght,

1.6kW xenon means battery power may be an issue

be careful around Candlepowerforums, it is really a controlled marketplace with a very moderated forum attached.

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

bright

> nicknoxx ?

err, no.

Reply to
nicknoxx

:

Well get some! Damnit man, that's no way to live.

(Sorry, I was thinking of Nik Noxx, without the c)

Reply to
Andy Dingley