The future: DC mains

What really needs explaining is why we still stick to 25fps. I'd like to watch films on TV at their intended frame-rate.

PA

Reply to
Peter Able

It didn't, Line store converters were used at the transmitters to convert teh 625 line pics to 405 before transmitting at 405 lines. The frame rate was identical in and out of the converter. I did have to mend one about 45 years ago.

Reply to
Brian D

Yes, see the second page of this:

John

Reply to
John Walliker

24Hz?
Reply to
Joe

We don't, look at your video file properties to find a wide range of frame rates.

Reply to
Animal

films on TV - not - films on a TV.

Reply to
Peter Able

Standard film rate was (is still?) 24 fps, so 50Hz, giving 25Hz is close enough.

Reply to
SteveW