The abandonment of nuclear power

In the USA

UK

harry

It's the Guardian, Harry. You of all people shouldn't be quoting it.

Reply to
newshound

I think all of this is a very short sighted view. There is nothing really dangerous about modern nuclear. It obviously does need good design and good engineering and some way to decommission it at some point and get rid of waste safely, but judging by the mess we are making using other fuels around the globe it seems an eminently solvable problem. Its costly yes, but for the bang for buck hardly touchable I think. Its the short termism of the capitalist system that is thwarting the use of it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

harry carefully overlooks that earlier nukes were built with the bomb programme in mind, not with decommissioning in mind. Modern ones *are* designed with a view to their eventual decommissioning.

No, it's liars and scaremongers like harry and Greenpeace.

Reply to
Tim Streater