Nuclear power: hard to believe

After decades of having an industry crippled by multiple suppliers and reactor designs, we are heading for three different suppliers and three different designs (although at least they are ones which are being built somewhere else too)

newshound

Yess. Excluding Russia and China there are what - 4 reactor designs out there being punted for 'new builds'

AP1000 (toshiba) EPWR (EDF/Areva) ABWR (Hitachi) CANDUs latest (CANDU)

Even the ABWR aint bad, in the same ways a porsche aint bad, though it still is a beetle in drag, its been developed to work a bit better..:-)

Personally I like CANDU, which is the one not on the table after CANDU walked away citing 'regulatory uncertainty'

What is a shame is that the UKS AGRS - massively overpriced then - are probably almost competitive today and have always been incredibly safe.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher