**** Thames Valley or London Group meet on March 17th *****

I go there weekly for my business breakfast meetings, and bi-weekly for Lions Club meetings.

It's an okay bar - I think it used to be two separate bars but is now one big one. They do food (not sure about the evenings - but I think they do because it's a hotel as well as a pub). Decent parking etc.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Forgot to mention. I don't know their schedule at the Corus but sometimes the womens lumberjack team seems to be there at the same time as the mens tap dancing team, if you get my drift. Can sometimes be a bit on the busy side - and although the bar is reasonably sized it can get a bit full.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

OK. I'll give them a call and ask about that.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

"PoP" wrote | Forgot to mention. I don't know their schedule at the Corus but | sometimes the womens lumberjack team seems to be there at the same | time as the mens tap dancing team, if you get my drift.

So if everyone wears CAT boots and does the cha-cha-cha you'll all fit right in?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

A steel frame structure I trust?

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Come on, don't slag it off.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

It's the hula-hula skirts that I find unpleasant to wear! ;)

PoP

Reply to
PoP

I'm sure there must be a joke in there somewhere, unfortunately it evades my attention :)

This Corus Hotel is quite an old place - I don't know the exact history but it wasn't put up yesterday. It used to the The Waterloo Arms which was very well known in Crowthorne.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Like the kilt, ideal for fornication and diarrhoea.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

"PoP" wrote | Tony Bryer wrote: | >> I know of the Corus Hotel in Crowthorne | >A steel frame structure I trust? | I'm sure there must be a joke in there somewhere, unfortunately it | evades my attention :)

It's like saying a Jarvis Hotel is going off the rails ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

As in