uk.d-i-y London Meet: Final call for participants, 1st August

Thanks to all who replied to my first message.

After discussion with John Schmitt, who organised the last meet, I have made a provisional reservation at New Loon Fung Restaurant,

42, Gerrard St., WC2 for a week on Friday, the 1st August at 8pm.

establishment is apparently moderately priced (John says they have a set menu for around a tenner, which for West End prices seems remarkable).

I propose that we meet up at the Moon under Water (a J D Wetherspoons) at 28 Leicester Square from about 6pm.

have made the restaurant reservation provisionally for ten but can vary it accordingly, and I have also personally emailed everybody that I can remember who went last time as well as those who responded this time - if I have forgotten anyone apologies.

In order to get numbers reasonably accurate, please would those wishing to come, email me at snipped-for-privacy@hall.gl as soon as possible.

thanks

Andy

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

How will you know each other? Will you all be wearing pink carnations?

Reply to
IMM

No need. Photos of participants from last time are on Andrew Gabriel's web site.

You are cordially invited. I'm sorry that the meeting point is not under the clock at Waterloo station and that participants probably won't have folded copies of the Times.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I thought CAT stood for "Can't Afford Timberland"

Reply to
BillR

That would be right since IMM is always on about them, and he's a cheapskate.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

John? I will be there, but which one?

Reply to
IMM

How about a folded copy of the latest Screwfix catalogue? ;)

David Hearn

4th one down is Tony and Andy.

Cheers IanC

Reply to
Ian Clowes

Andy Hall wrote

Next time though ...

DIY meets real life. Who'd have thought it !!

Cheers,

Paul.

Reply to
Zymurgy

Natural or work disasters and washing machine/car repairs permitting (I _knew_ I should have bought a spare just in case!) I'll be there.

I'm just worried in case you (or I) all turn out to be 32yr old ex-marines, or 12 yr old girls. Briefing my lawyer just in case...

cheers Richard

Reply to
RichardS

.andy