tanked shower walls - best substrate

I will be tanking my shower walls with Bal WP1 type kit. What is the best substrate for the shower walls. Plywood / plasterboard ? etc. Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Cement board is probably best. Then ply (WBP or marine).

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Any reason not to use plasterboard. It is dimensionally stable (as long as braced against bending), and will be waterproofed by the tanking ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Might do, but why take the risk - aquapanel and the likes costs less than £40 for a shower area - which is a very small proportion of your budget I would guess!

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Pearson