shower tanking questions

I will be tanking the walls of a shower over a bath. I will be bringing the tanking (eg bal WP1) over the bath edging strips, so this thing will never leak. Two questions about the surface to tank over :-

  1. Is is OK to use such as bal WP1 over roughed-up ceramic tiles (the original 1930s tiles, which are virtually part of the wall)
  2. What is the best surface to build the stud walls out of, for tanking over ? Obviously don't need aquapanel as I am tanking over it, and plasterboard is the cheapest. Cheers, Simon.
Reply to
sm_jamieson