Table sawing aluminium bar.

I want to put some grooves across a thick aluminium bar ( groove about

35 mm wide x 12 mm deep, flat bottomed V shape, bar about 35 mm wide and 25 mm thick.

I don't have a milling machine has anyone tried a TCT blade in a table saw for this sort of thing?

Reply to
dennis

A TCT saw blade will cut ali... I have used my SCMS for cutting ali sections in the past, and I know of some people using a unisaw solely for cuts in ali sheet.

Reply to
John Rumm

I've used a proper table saw to cut aluminium - one with a 2' dia blade and a good whack of momentum in it. An ordinary table saw might do it but I think you'd be doing very shallow passes as the rake of the teeth would probably be all wrong.

Reply to
Scott M

Cuts ok IME, the more teeth the better obviously. Probably best to do

12mm in stages to be on the safe side
Reply to
stuart noble

It will cut but the bottom of the groove will not be flat as most saw blade are ground with alternate top bevel (ATB) use a saw doctor to modify a blade to TFG - flat top ground.

Beware the chips will come off hot DAMHIKT

Reply to
Bob Minchin