How to parallel TS fence to blade?

Yesterday I had the blade on my Jet 10" TS up about 2" to make a wide rabbet (2" X 1/4"). I held the board (4" wide) tight up against the face of the factory fence. After running the board through I looked at it and to my eye the two faces didn't look parallel. I checked the blade for square to the table, no problem there. Then I checked the fence for square to the table and discovered that is was a few degrees off, the top of it leans away from the blade. It seems to clamp square across the table, parallel to the path of the blade. And I normally don't make such deep cuts so on a 3/4" or 1" thick board I hadn't noticed it before.

If you own a Jet contractor's saw, can you tell me how to adjust the fence so it is square to the table surface and parellel to the blade?

TIA, Ian

Reply to
Ian Dodd

Do you know which fence?

That saw has been equipped with several over the years.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y