Switch near shower

I'm reading the IEE guide to building regs (version 16, part P, dated 2006) prior to getting a new electric shower, the circuit upgraded, RCD fitted, inspected, certified etc. but I have a query over positioning of light switch and shower isolator before I start hacking even more tiles off, fitting preparatory trunking etc.

The shower is in a cubicle quite near the main door to the room. Headroom floor to ceiling is only 210cm near the door so if I put pull switches in a natural place they are still within the 60cm rule for zone 2 so are forbidden (unless I put them above ceiling and have a hole through).

However, is a plate type switch okay outside the door to the room even though it is only 30cm from shower edge but via cubicle door and room door?

Regards Phil

Reply to
Phil B