Shower Door or no door

I'm considering changing the shower arrangements in my bathroom.

I currently have a shower cubicle in the corner of a wet room with doors suitable to accommodate a wheelchair , required by a previous owner.

The plan currently under consideration is to remove the wet room floor and to install a conventional shower tray, this is required as the doors in the cubicle leak and the wet room does not drain satisfactorily.

My wife is keen to install an oblong shower tray with just a panel on the long side the other longside being taken up by the wall , one of the short sides is also a wall leaving the remaining short side as an entry point with no door.

The tray will be 1.4 m long.

My wife hates shower curtains.

The showerhead would point directly downwards from the ceiling

Would such an arrangement works satisfactorily with no water spilling through the door.

Many thanks

Chris Bundy

Reply to
christopher

In my experience no. That's almost exactly the arrangement we found in our (new build) house, and whilst water splashing outside the cubicle was indeed a problem my main objection was the draught! Even with the bathroom door and windows closed it still made the shower unpleasantly chilly at times.

I dislike shower curtains too and fortunately there was a much neater solution here: the manufacturers of the oblong shower tray had available a glass door which could be retro-fitted. With the door closed the shower cubicle is now fully enclosed on all sides.

Richard.

Richard Russell

Why not leave the wet room floor in place. It may not be satisfactory in the present arrangement but it might be good enough to deal with the spray that misses the tray.

Reply to
djc