Anyone in here in Aberdeenshire?

Having just moved up from southern England I'd like to make some new contacts, especially in the Ellon - Mintlaw area which I'm somewhat in the middle of.

-- Dave Baker

Reply to
Dave Baker

In message , Dave Baker writes

I'm in Aberdeenshire, but a little south of you. Cold this morning!

Reply to
News

Cold a good deal further south just into England as well but not quite as nippy as the night before last, didn't quite get an air frost (0.4C min) but there was a hefty ground frost and a lighter one this morning.

I'll be up in Aberdeen in a couple of weeks for the day.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That should be a good culture shock ! You'll be in for a dose of the Dorics then.

Retirement or work?

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Hi Dave, can you drop me an email - observe spam trap in sig. I thought I did have yours, but can't find it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , Dave Liquorice writes

A beautiful day here, today - and yesterday. This morning -2 fairly early, but above freezing by the time I took the dog out. One of those lovely bright crisp autumn mornings. Could really feel the heat of the sun when it rose above the hills. Mornings like today remind me why I love living up here, and have no particular desire to return south.

I'm 45 miles due west.

Reply to
News

It's pissing it down again down south...

Reply to
Tim Watts

I was in Tarland until last year. Welcome to the area, and wrap up warm :)

JGH

Reply to
jgh

Not so nice up here to day, bit too windy and cool. I was thinking of painting a wall but the temp wasn't really high enough, the wind made it unpleasant then I looked at the rain radar.

And saw that lot slowly making it's way up to us. It's not got here yet.

Should have done the wall yesterday when it was still and warm, unblocked one of the drain pipes from the sunroof tray on the car instead. So hopefully I will no longer get half a mug full of water cascading out of roof when going round a corner. Not to mention buggering up the motor, managed to resurect that from being full of rust, gunk and totally seized after finding that they cost a couple of hundred quid!

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

And remember, Aberdeen is more radioactive that Fukushima.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher