Small bathroom floor preparation

Having now decided on a Cushionfloor type of covering for a bathroom (approx

2m x 2m) I would like to check out some thoughts:
  1. I need to cover the T & G with plywood to give a good surface. Using ply, will it have a tendency to de-laminate around the screw countersinks?
2 What spec of ply should I use?
  1. Must I screw it - wouldn't pins and adhesive work just as well - after all it isn't going to have to resist much more than a possible tendency to lift slightly and "slap" the floor underneath.

  1. I understand cushionfloor can be stuck down - is there a 'low-tack' adhesive that is just suffienent to stop it lifting and bubbling?

  2. Any ideas for dealing with the edges at the skirting? I don't want to remove the skirting.

  1. I hope to slide it under the pedestal and the WC as I had them installed on spacers.

Reply to
John

If you use something like Screwfix Turbo Gold screws, 12mm ply will splinter a little as the screw countersinks itself, but nothing a quick rub down with sandpaper won't sort.

WBP.

Screws definately. Once screwed down it stays down.

Cut carefully & apply a bead of silicone to stop water getting underneath.

Best idea, real bugger cutting it around

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

wide, double sided tape? like use for sticking down carpet tiles.

Reply to
chris French