bosch vacuum cleaner rattle

I have a Bosch upright vacuum. Switchable on/off carpet beater roller. When I switch roller brush on I get a rattling noise as thought the small belt drive motor is moving around.

Long shot but has anyone else had a similar problem?

Dismantled and checked but nothing obviously broken. Possibly the belt maybe slack but no teeth missing.

Reply to
blackbat

I'd guess stretched belt. If no adjustment try a new one?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yup - that's probably what I'll do. Anything else will probably be chucking good money after bad. Are stretched belts common, Mr H?

Reply to
blackbat

Don't know for sure, just a guess, it does happen.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Just tried a new belt; no different - you owe me 15 quid ;-)

Reply to
blackbat

Errrrm! Cheques in the post...........

Reply to