Sweetener dispenser ?

SWMBO and I try to keep sugar to the minimum, so tend to use sweeteners.

Canderel being the one of choice.

We used to just buy refills (cheaper). But of late the supplied dispensers have been getting progressively worse. The last 2 (300 tablets) didn't even manage to last 100 tablets before giving in.

Given SWMBOs shitty eyesight *and* poor coordination, trying to then ease the exact number from the top of the dispenser is a disaster.

A quick google for "sweetener dispensers" reveals that even supposed permanent purpose-made (well, purpose *sold* at least) items are pants.

Is there any easy solution to sweetener dispensing (avoiding the granulated stuff) ???

We're not religious about Canderel if there's a better solution - tablet size being a factor in the dispenser reviews I saw.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Tesco Everyday Value 850 tabs. I think they are only £1 or so. I really can't distinguish them from sugar. Well made dispenser, it doesn't often "miss", but what I do is dispense into my hand then drop them in the brew.

Reply to
Graham.

I think Mum has those and they generally seem to dispense ok.

I wish I couldn't. ;-(

If we ever get each others drink by mistake, it's nearly just the smell of the sweeteners that puts me off, let alone the taste. So, I went from two spoons of sugar for most of my life down to none, not that I like it as much without but it's better for me and I can't stand sweeteners. ;-(

That's generally what I do when making her a hot drink but even the smaller dispensers seem to last to the end here (maybe *because* they are smaller)?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Most have an after taste especially those with stevia, although they are better for you. diabetes causes you to eventually get used to them

Reply to
FMurtz

cial-sweeteners

Reply to
harry

Just break the habit of needing sweetstuff. I can't bear the thought of sugar in tea or coffee now. I enjoy the sharpness and bitterness and full flavour.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Useless Url, won't let you view.

Reply to
FMurtz

Perhaps people only add sugar or sweetners to tea or coffee because they don't actually like tea or coffee (or the blends they buy).

Reply to
alan_m

Perhaps they just like sugar

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It works for me.

Reply to
Fredxx

Better or less bad? ;-(

How so? As I don't have any sugar in any hot drink, nor have it on my cereal, on puddings (because we don't generally have puddings) ... and try to avoid sweets and chocolate and don't drink fizzy drinks etc, I'm not sure what more I could do?

I'm sure it's still 'in' some foods we eat but not in a way where we would be able to use a sugar substitute?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

snip

snip

I read something (ahem, can't remember where) that suggested the body's response to the expectation of something sweet, and then not getting it, can be bad for you?

Reply to
RJH

Well, it took some time (months) for me to go from two sugars in tea or coffee to none (or sweetness) do it was no cold Turkey as such. ;-)

That's not to say that I don't still enjoy the odd Snickers bar (especially now they are all smaller) but they are definitely seen as a treat rather than an everyday thing.

Same with biscuits, if we had them in the house we would eat them, so we don't. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I've noticed the dispensers have a tendency to crush the sweeteners as well, either the pills are the wrong size or the dispenser slot is.

Reply to
critcher

That's what my missis decided, so I when order a box online with the milkman he undertakes my request that while the milk goes in the coolbox in the porch boxes of biscuits are to be placed in my unlocked shed a bit further along the path. Her loss, he comes about 1 AM and she has never spotted them yet.

G Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

footprints in the snow?

Reply to
Andy Burns

ISTR if you gave the container a little shake before pressing the button it was less likely to mangle. But for a long time now I've not had sugar or sweetener in tea or coffee, so ICBW.

Reply to
Rob Morley