Sweetener dispenser ?

SWMBO and I try to keep sugar to the minimum, so tend to use sweeteners.
Canderel being the one of choice.
We used to just buy refills (cheaper). But of late the supplied dispensers have been getting progressively worse. The last 2 (300 tablets) didn't even manage to last 100 tablets before giving in.
Given SWMBOs shitty eyesight *and* poor coordination, trying to then ease the exact number from the top of the dispenser is a disaster.
A quick google for "sweetener dispensers" reveals that even supposed permanent purpose-made (well, purpose *sold* at least) items are pants.
Is there any easy solution to sweetener dispensing (avoiding the granulated stuff) ???
We're not religious about Canderel if there's a better solution - tablet size being a factor in the dispenser reviews I saw.

Tesco Everyday Value 850 tabs. I think they are only £1 or so. I really can't distinguish them from sugar. Well made dispenser, it doesn't often "miss", but what I do is dispense into my hand then drop them in the brew.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
<snip> >Tesco Everyday Value 850 tabs. I think they are only £1 or so.
I think Mum has those and they generally seem to dispense ok.

I wish I couldn't. ;-(
If we ever get each others drink by mistake, it's nearly just the smell of the sweeteners that puts me off, let alone the taste. So, I went from two spoons of sugar for most of my life down to none, not that I like it as much without but it's better for me and I can't stand sweeteners. ;-(

That's generally what I do when making her a hot drink but even the smaller dispensers seem to last to the end here (maybe *because* they are smaller)?
Cheers, T i m
T i m wrote:

Most have an after taste especially those with stevia, although they are better for you. diabetes causes you to eventually get used to them

Better or less bad? ;-(

How so? As I don't have any sugar in any hot drink, nor have it on my cereal, on puddings (because we don't generally have puddings) ... and try to avoid sweets and chocolate and don't drink fizzy drinks etc, I'm not sure what more I could do?
I'm sure it's still 'in' some foods we eat but not in a way where we would be able to use a sugar substitute?
Cheers, T i m
On 21/01/2018 14:28, T i m wrote:

snip

snip
I read something (ahem, can't remember where) that suggested the body's response to the expectation of something sweet, and then not getting it, can be bad for you?
--
Cheers, Rob

Well, it took some time (months) for me to go from two sugars in tea or coffee to none (or sweetness) do it was no cold Turkey as such. ;-)
That's not to say that I don't still enjoy the odd Snickers bar (especially now they are all smaller) but they are definitely seen as a treat rather than an everyday thing.
Same with biscuits, if we had them in the house we would eat them, so we don't. ;-(
Cheers, T i m

That's what my missis decided, so I when order a box online with the milkman he undertakes my request that while the milk goes in the coolbox in the porch boxes of biscuits are to be placed in my unlocked shed a bit further along the path. Her loss, he comes about 1 AM and she has never spotted them yet.
G Harman
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

footprints in the snow?
On Saturday, 20 January 2018 20:26:08 UTC, Graham. wrote:

https://www.rodalesorganiclife.com/food/trying-lose-weight-stay-away-artifi cial-sweeteners
harry wrote:

Useless Url, won't let you view.
On 21/01/2018 12:06, FMurtz wrote:

It works for me.
Just break the habit of needing sweetstuff. I can't bear the thought of sugar in tea or coffee now. I enjoy the sharpness and bitterness and full flavour.
On 21/01/2018 10:05, DerbyBorn wrote:

Perhaps people only add sugar or sweetners to tea or coffee because they don't actually like tea or coffee (or the blends they buy).
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 21/01/18 12:39, alan_m wrote:

Perhaps they just like sugar
--
The New Left are the people they warned you about.

On 20/01/2018 18:19, Jethro_uk wrote:

I've noticed the dispensers have a tendency to crush the sweeteners as well, either the pills are the wrong size or the dispenser slot is.
On Sun, 21 Jan 2018 18:35:52 +0000

ISTR if you gave the container a little shake before pressing the button it was less likely to mangle. But for a long time now I've not had sugar or sweetener in tea or coffee, so ICBW.