What To Use To Repair Loose Rocks In Patio?

I have a patio around my pool that has large flat rocks on top. Several of the rocks have worked themselves loose. What should I use to re-attach the rocks? Someone told me to get the stuff masons use to attach the top layer of stones in a stone wall but I didn't see anything like that at Home Depot. Is it just regular quick-create or is something else advisable?

-jjct1

Reply to
jjct1

Not sure about this, so listen well to others, but if rocks are attached to concrete base, thinset mortar may work. Be sure to dampen both the rock and the base first, then brush on a thin paste of pure portland cement powder as a prime, then immediately trowel on enough thinset mortar (it may be called thinset cement) to level the rock with the surrounding slabs. Alternatively, you can prime with something that looks and smells like white wood glue, that is used for helping patching-cement bond to old cement, and stones. Tap home, using a rubber mallet and/or gentle mashing with your feet. Cover stone with a damp towel to keep area moist while setting.

Reply to
Roger

Personally I don't like this construction, I like dry lay.

However for a quick fix, I suggest looking in the concrete area of your DIY store and find a tube of adhesive made for this use. It comes in one of the tubes designed for a caulking gun. Ask if you don't see it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan