Super 8 cine film to DVD

..I looked and saw ..oh please no more ..I'll do the newsgroup a favoured deed ..a snipping of the tripe we need ..no babble, no drivel for us to mention ..from half-wits requiring professional attention

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

......this one said a Uher can't be synched. Such a pro eh!!! You are a storeman, you check the gear in and out

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

I'll take that as an admission that you can't cite either what programmes your 'friend' has had his work credited on or the message(s) were you claim Dave said what you claim...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Perhaps you'd read the article again and describe just how the Uher synchronises to anything?

Hint. It doesn't. It expects the projector to sync to it, and loses one audio track in the process. Nagra were making stereo machines with pilot tone - or SMPTE time code - 30 years ago and more.

It's gratifying to find out just how little you understand about anything.

Interesting how you are so familiar with storemen. Your encyclopedic knowledge of boilers and part specifiations without having a clue about how they're installed, etc, gives the view this is just the job for you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

..I looked and saw ..oh please no more ..I'll do the newsgroup a favoured deed ..a snipping of the tripe we need ..no babble, no drivel for us to mention ..from half-wits requiring professional attention

Reply to
News

..clearly not knowing right now ..the synching of the Uher, how? ..cannot be done, caberman was so direct ..of this tis clear he is incorrect

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

The wazzock has morphed again.....

(or more likely he was off trolling another group with another delusional identity and forgot to switch back again)

Reply to
John Rumm

So yet again you demonstrate your lack of ability to understand technical terms that are clear to any pro - or even semi talented amateur.

You should start using Humpty Dumpty as your name. He expected words to mean what he wanted them to.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

..he demonstrates! his mind so tells ..of cabering it clouds grey cells ..do not go cabering for sport or fun ..it's clear the effects on Plowman it's done.

..the moral of this tale so putrid ..that cabering will make you stupid

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

John, you really need to get your medication sorted.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

See:

says: "but there's really very little difference between Super 8, 16 and 35 mm after they're bumped to tape. "

Movie Maker is US film business mag,

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

...and just what does any of that prove, you said originally that Super 8 was used as a acquisition format for broadcast, the simple answer to that is that is isn't and never has been - Super 8 has been broadcast in certain special circumstances, news and home movie being to two most usual circumstances, but then any format that delivers the required images would be used in those types of programme.

You can't make a rule out of an exception.

If there were two people offering the same basic footage or a news story, one has been shot on Super 8 and the other person had a U-matic set up, I *suspect* I know which footage the TV company would look at first - it's not the one that is film based, even though U-matic has been obsolete in the 'first-world' broadcast industry for some time...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

See:

says: "but there's really very little difference between Super 8, 16 and 35 mm after they're bumped to tape. "

Movie Maker is US film business mag,

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

I suspect he's participating in a trial of new meds and he's got the placebo :)))

After I told him he was killfiled he starts going on that I'm a pikey, WTF???

Anyway, I find replying to his posts leads to the 'spiral of irrationality' and his arguments follow the same pattern as the flight of a one winged wasp.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

..now here we have a Pikie man ..he travels around in a caravan ..he leave his filth around his spread ..for others to clear when he has fled ..he pays no tax to society ..the paracite just takes with glee ..the dirty bastards will come no more ..to leave their filth upon the floor ..their broken laws the Plod view with impunity ..as they move on to deposit filth on another poor community

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Then they are as stupid as you - and have never seen the end results - like you. WTF do you think *anyone* uses 35mm negative film for transfer to tape for post production if a far cheaper stock and hardware is as good? And BTW, they talk about tape standards 20 years ago. Every serious user these days use DigiBeta as the standard.

Funded purely by advertising. As are all such mags. One of these days you'll learn not to believe adverts. But I'll not hold my breath.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

John, you *really* need to get your medication sorted.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

..from the land of cabers this man has concern ..with medication that is taken in turn ..of pills, tabs and medicines too. ..he will give advice he thinks best for you ..suppositories are his favoured choice ..our cabering quack will loudly voice

..of this field his knowledge is lacking ..setbacks like this would send others packing ..our cabering quack is so undeterred ..be qualified? experienced? he's never heard.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

John, you *really really* need to get your medication sorted out.