Suitable replacement for Sikkens

I need to purchase 25Ltrs of Sikkens Cetol HLS also similar quantit

THB Mahogony 045 and the price horrifies me. Has any one got a recommendation for cheaper suitable alternatives. Being used on exterior planed tongue & grooved softwood garage door and other similar timbers. quintai

-- quintain

Reply to
quintain

Sikkens costs more, because it is top-of-the-range. It contains the best ingredients. e.g. UV absorbers - which are expensive (like =A330 a Kilo), so the more you put in the formulation, the more the product costs - but the better the protection you get.

For lower priced, but good quality alternatives look at Sadolin (made by the same people as Sikkens) or Ronseal.

diypaint