Sikkens for garden furniture?

We have a set of garage doors (don't know what variety or species of wood they are but they look the same as these here if anyone can tell just by looking

(link goes to Ebay)) and we used Sikkens as the stain/preservative on them.

We've now bought some garden furniture made from (according to the description) "Scandanavian Red Wood Softwood". I've mainly seen Sikkens used on doors and windowframes but rarely heard of people using it on garden furniture, so I'm wondering why? Is it OK to use for this purpose?

Cheers, John

Reply to
John

It's "redwood" i.e. the stuff they sell as PAR in a timber merchant's. You can either apply a finish and give yourself a yearly maintenance job without extending its longevity, or let it develop the usual silver/ grey colour

Reply to
stuart noble

Thanks for the reply Stuart. Our last set of garden furniture has just about given up the ghost after 9 years and each year we gave it a new coat of Sadolin. Are you saying that it would have lasted the same length of time anyway, without the yearly cost and time of applying the Sadolin?

Reply to
John