Anyone used Sikkens Cetol TS stains/varnish?

As the thread title says....

Looks like good gear but wondered what you guys think of it?

This especially goes for the light oak stain on softwood.

Yours views are appreciated

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

Google it! There are lots of threads about Sikkens on uk.d-i-y, all very positive.

I've used HLS/Cetol7 in combination and Novatech/Novatop in combination, in both light and dark oak colours - on oak, merante and sapele - and I think their products are superb, well worth the price premium.

Experiment on pine somewhat - obviously it will come out somewhat lighter in colour - there actually isn't that much difference between their light and dark oak colours.

Cordless Crazy wrote:

Reply to
dom

Sikkens are the dogs dangly bits when it comes to wood finish .... the only make I would use.

Sikkens have a huge range, and a very good technical line .. phone them and they will tell you the most suitable product, and send you match pot size tins of it for free - to get colour match.

I used NovaTech and NovaTop on external softwood. Filter 7 on external hardwood TS on interior softwood

etc.

If you have a local Crowne Decorating Trade Centre - Sikkens is well priced there as they Crowne, well Akzo Nobel do ... the parent company.

Great products.

Reply to
Rick Hughes