Studded Wallcoverings for Ensuite Shower

I know marine ply is recommended for tile walls (or some other specific panel board), but how are the thicknesses kept level when I join it to plasterboard coming away from the shower (I am making a longish passageway by making a false wall approximately one metre into the bedroom)? Is there marine ply at the same thickness as plasterboard?

Thanks

Reply to
Peter Hemmings

Only by people who don't understand what marine ply is. WBP is what you need.

Use 1/2" WBP. This is very near 12mm PB.

Reply to
Grunff

You could use Aquapanel.It is 12.5mm,same thickness as plasterboard .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

That's what I did/would do.

Reply to
adder1969

Aquapanel is also a bit more fireproof than plywood.

Reply to
adder1969

The message from snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk contains these words:

An important consideration in a shower.

Reply to
Guy King

Surely that depends on how hot your water is ;-)

Thread convergence, I love it.

Will

Reply to
Will Dean

I think the fact that Aquapanel is water proof might be more important ..lol

Reply to
Stuart