strong door

On 10/02/2016 20:31, Bill Wright wrote:

Use a secure door designed for external use?
--
Cheers,
Roger

Know any drug dealers? Even the old bill have problems getting through their doors with the big red key.

IMO the best way to do that is replace the frame with a metal one and have a metal door.
That's what the drug dealers do and it does slow the cops down.
On Wednesday, 10 February 2016 20:31:35 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:

Matter of degree. There's a limit to how strong you can make any timber door. I have made some massive ones in the past
You can fit a strong frame and screw thick metal strip to it on the vertical bits. You can fit hinge bolts, multiple hinges and multi-point locks. Several bolts if you are locking yourself in. (Cheap solution.)
After that, you're down to metal. Which probably means buying a pukka security door.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_n1tekqflm_b
Item at top of page. These are cheap and IMO very good. You can fit as many as you like.
On 10/02/2016 20:31, Bill Wright wrote:

Google for steel security doors. I have one on a brick shed, which my insurance company is happy to cover for up to £15k contents. No point in saying which make, as it has been discontinued, but there are plenty out there for commercial properties.
--
Colin Bignell

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016 20:31:37 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

How about going the whole hog and making it police raid-proof? Stop fuggin around and make a proper job of it.
On 11/02/2016 13:59, Julian Barnes wrote:

A nice DIY task: You could have a piece of 4" thick steel that rises out of the ground on hydraulic cylinders, running inside heavy RSJs. I suspect the big red key would have problems with that.
--
Colin Bignell

What are the walls made of? If partition, easy to smash.
Used to work on 'The Bill' and we shot on some pretty rough estates. The drug dealers usually had steel doors. With maybe a wrought iron gate outside it.
--
*Filthy stinking rich -- well, two out of three ain't bad