Strimmer harnesses

Following on from the strimmer thread, has anyone tried one of the full harnesses for these things?

e.g. something like:

find it difficult to get comfortable with the feeble shoulder straps that come with these things, and typically find you end up carrying them in way that ends up hurting later!

What about for use with other tools like long reach hedge trimmer or pruner, or conventional hedge trimmer?

Reply to
John Rumm

My long-reach trimmer came with a simpler harness, just to take the weight on your shoulders. I tried it, and found it not useful. If you had a 100m or more of hedge to cut where you are keeping the cutter in roughly the same position for a long time, then it would probably work. My hedges are big but not long, and tall enough to need a ladder for the tops, and that means you're moving the cutter all over the place and the harness didn't help me. Maybe I wasn't using it right.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Bought a Stihl strimmer last year which came with a full harness, instead of just a shoulder strap. I find it more comfortable, and it's great to leave the harness on and just unclick the strimmer when I want to put it down, whereas previously I'd have to pull the entire shoulder strap over my head every time.

Reply to
Piers Finlayson