Strength of plasterboard walls

I read it as 1mm to 2mm thick steel... who knows!

Alex

Reply to
Alex (YMG)

Not at all. The studwork consists of 0.5 mm (20 thou in old money) steel pressed or rolled into a U section with the legs of the U about

3 cm. This seems to be standard here (in the south of France) and is cheaper than timber. The plasterboard is fixed to this with self drilling, self tapping screws.

Russell.

Reply to
Russell Eberhardt

No, he didn't. 12mm would be massively overkill. 1/2mm is about right.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Any effing metalworker.

You car is probably made of .4mm steel.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Its totally standard for demountable office partioning as well. Won;t take a determined shoulder charge, but strong enough :D

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:11:07 -0000, ":::Jerry::::" strung together this:

You mean RSJs, on 400mm centres! The floor would give way. 1/2mm steel partitioning is standard nowadays on largwer commercial contracts, and on some domestic now.

Reply to
Lurch

No that wasn't what I was thinking ! Lets just say that wires got crossed....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:07:36 -0000, ":::Jerry::::" strung together this:

Least they're un-crossed now!

Reply to
Lurch