Boarding up a Fireplace

Hi there

I have recently bought an old terraced property with a fireplace in th lounge. I have had the old gas fircapped off and removed so i am no left with simply an opening into the chimney breast. I am about t block up the fireplace with some MDF to give the wall a fresh surface Do i need to install an airbrick and chimney cap?? If so how would i d this. The fireplace is not being bricked up...simply boarded over . Thank

-- anthoz

Reply to
anthoz

The usual thing is to either leave the chimney uncapped and put a vent in the fireplace, or cap the chimney and have no vent

Reply to
stuart noble

In article , "stuart noble"

Reply to