Steel Safe

At a cost - I was quoted £40 by the company registrar for the replacement certificate but I would also have to take out an indemnity insurance with them (for about the same amount again) or a Lloyd's member in case someone else turned up with the original cert.

I wouldn't regard the cheap electronic "safes" as offering any more security than those lockable document boxes that hold 10-20 suspension files and which are much more useful for filing things in.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The electronic type are worse than the key type, according to a locksmith I spoke with. Trying to break open an electronic box results in the lock being broken so it cannot be opened by anyone, a reasonably strong key lock will be more resistant to a brute force attack. As with any security, make the thieves life difficult by putting several difficulties in the way rather than relying on one, in other words be a less tempting target that your neighbours.

Reply to
DJC

I suppose.

My passport and driving license seldom leave my person - I use both most weeks.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Unless one has to sell it to pay the most iniquitous tax of all.

Reply to
Andy Hall

That depends on your negotiating skills.

Reply to
Andy Hall

| |My passport and driving license seldom leave my person - I use both |most weeks.

Which is great until your pocket gets picked, by someone who wants to = steal your identity.

--=20 Dave Fawthrop

17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg!
Yorkshire Dialect go to
Dave Fawthrop

They're *all* iniquitous.

Reply to
Huge

1) I travel outside the UK most weeks.

2) I didn't tell you whereabouts on my person that I locate them. It is not somewhere that a pickpocket would find easy to reach.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Of course. I happen to think that inheritance tax is the most iniquitous of the lot, however.

Reply to
Andy Hall