Static on Vauum Cleaner!

I've just bought an Electrolux Boss vauum cleaner, and the problem is that the black painted tube is charged when you use it and has bits of hair and dust sticking to it in pretty patterns! Anything I can do to prevent this? Seems a bit daft to have to hoover the hoover tube after hoovering. :)

Reply to
Maria

In use, you are rubbing dust and stuff very, very fast along the inside of the tube. By Whoeveritwass law, the charge moves to the outside, and this is what you are seeing. You might try spraying the tube with anti-static furniture polish.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Get a short length of ball chain and hang it around the metal tube so it touches the floor.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Brilliant suggestions, thank - I'll give them a go!

Reply to
Maria