Stanley Galvanised Metal Rolling Workshop

Hi

I'm considering upgrading my mobile tool supply and this looks like the main contender.

got one and could comment?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

> Anyone got one and could comment?

=============================

I think, and therefore less prone to distortion from the inevitable bumps and bangs. 6 years warranty.

Cic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 383 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Cicero

Rolling-Workshop-1-92-154#

Quite a bit smaller though.

HLAH

aren't bad, although they're too small for carpentry tools. Wheels and especially the extendable handle are junk. OK if you're working in an aircraft hangar, but the wheels are too small and have too little ground clearance to handle any reasonably sort of step (even domestically). The handle will probably fall off just before the wheels, but neither will last.

I prefer steel sheet for lightness (if you're buying retail) but most of my on-site toolboxes in this size are welded aluminium with good catches and rubber gasket seals. They cost about as much as Stanley when I buy them as scrap, so I hate to think what the RAF (or the Dutch signals regiments who have the _best_ boxes ever) paid originally. Mil surplus is your friend here.

Reply to
dingbat

> Boxes aren't bad, although they're too small for carpentry tools.

I was going to say exactly the same about the wheels and things plus the ergonomics of the handlle is based on what is best for little old ladies. If you have to stoop to pull the damn things behind you you had best use it empty.

You only need a selection of tools in and out of someon'e house. Learn to choose wisely before you start and you can manage with a smaller case.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

If only it were that easy!

I bought the steel rolling workshop and its great.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman