stair carpet runner help needed!!

Hi All,

My wife has purchased a nice length of stair carpet runner and presented it to me to fit on our stairs. Would be no problem if the stairs were straight but there is a 90 degree left hand bend in them at the top. i have fitted the carpet up the straight run of stairs with no problems and now have reached the big step with the 45 degree angle in it. I have offered the carpet up to it many times trying to work out how to do this and the only way it seems possible is to cut the carpet at 45 degrees at the edge of the 45 degree step and stitch it or something to the next straight bit which will go straight up the last remaining step to the upstairs landing. Only thing is this will leave the carpet joined right on the leading edge of the corner step and any mistakes or bad stitching I do would probably be seen. I can't see any other way of doing it hence posting to this site to see if I am missing something?? Any help gratefully received. Steve.

Reply to
steve573