Stair carpet runner

I need to replace the stair carpet - it lasted about 40 years before starting get quite badly worn (possibly trekking sandals had some effect).

It's a runner and I could fit a wider one by moving the clips.

I've looked at alot on ebay, but the reviews are a bit mixed. I need something v. hard wearing as I have to use the nose of the step as me feets to big.

Any pointers to the type of carpet that's best, please?

Reply to
PeterC

80/20 is the hardest wearing AFAIK. Bleachable polypropylene has a great advantage for cleanability. Twist pile is tougher than cut. Pick your take.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Mine is twist, with that bubble like underlay, no fixing rods its all seemingly held down and back by those spiky things, and has been for over ten years. No I got a man in. My knees!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Thanks. Twist pile rings a bell form long ago.

BTW, 80/20 what?

Reply to
PeterC

80 wool / 20 nylon I expect
Reply to
GB

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Cheers - very useful; also the link at the bottom to underlay.

In some areas I might go for carpet tiles as I don't have space to clear a room.

Reply to
PeterC