Stair carpet runner

I need to replace the stair carpet - it lasted about 40 years before starting get quite badly worn (possibly trekking sandals had some effect).
It's a runner and I could fit a wider one by moving the clips.
I've looked at alot on ebay, but the reviews are a bit mixed. I need something v. hard wearing as I have to use the nose of the step as me feets to big.
Any pointers to the type of carpet that's best, please?
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
On Wednesday, 14 November 2018 21:30:34 UTC, PeterC wrote:

80/20 is the hardest wearing AFAIK. Bleachable polypropylene has a great advantage for cleanability. Twist pile is tougher than cut. Pick your take.
NT
Mine is twist, with that bubble like underlay, no fixing rods its all seemingly held down and back by those spiky things, and has been for over ten years. No I got a man in. My knees!
Brian
--
----- --
On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 22:38:13 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Thanks. Twist pile rings a bell form long ago.
BTW, 80/20 what?
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
On 15/11/2018 14:02, PeterC wrote:

80 wool / 20 nylon I expect
On Thursday, 15 November 2018 14:11:43 UTC, GB wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Carpet
NT
On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 07:48:41 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Cheers - very useful; also the link at the bottom to underlay.
In some areas I might go for carpet tiles as I don't have space to clear a room.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away