Re Saturday collection..Update

After exhausting all leads I could not get a guaranteed Saturday collection. Seller had all sorts of restrictions but basically would only accept a sat collection. Couldnt leave with neighbour. Couldnt leave in a safe place. Couldnt take to a drop off (1 mile) Offered to pay for taxi to drop off.

He now has decided too much hassle and wants to cancel the sale.

I dont think he was happy at the value of my winning bid. just to piss him off I have stopped replying to him as he doesnt know if I have paid for a courier (he asked), will let him stew for a few days as I have 4 weeks to claim for non delivery with ebay, although I dont think that will be an issue as he is desperate to give me my money back.

I do wish when people auction they put a reserve on rather than mess about when they dont get the price they want. I won auction on a £22 bid and it would have resold for probably £130. It was frustrating but I have won and booked collection for another 2 similar items.

Reply to
ss

Yes it was going that way from early on so kept throwing work around suggestions at him.

Reply to
ss

A threat of negative feedback does sometimes focus sellers' minds.

Reply to
Fredxx

You have to be careful using that but I know what you mean. Ebay take a dim view if you use the threat of neg feedback. As they say there are more ways than one to skin a cat :-) and it can be done without revealing identity and can cost the seller a few £s.

Reply to
ss

That's one of the problems - for the vendor = of "buyer collect". Last year I won a power anplifier for £12 (current RRP around £400). I didn't mind driving 40 miles each way to collect.

Reply to
charles

I always contact the vendor prior to bidding and advise of my intentions and if there would be any issues. I am sure this one would have jumped through hoops had he got £140 but not so for £22.

Reply to
ss

Same. I listed an item starting at a penny once. I thought there'd be interest but got one bid. Then it turned out i'd well underestimated the cost of postage.

You suck it up.

Reply to
R D S

Same. I listed an item starting at a penny once. I thought there'd be interest but got one bid. Then it turned out i'd well underestimated the cost of postage.

You suck it up.

Have been caught a couple of times but now I use an excel calculator that very quickly works out my costs with fees postage envelope etc. I then always start auction at a minimum break even price.

Reply to
ss

As I suspected ;-)

Reply to