splash plate

is a rusted splash plate with a bit missing an MOT failure...conflicting info on the net as usual ....

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

I assume you mean guard or shield? Plate has an entirely different meaning.

I don't believe is, mine has passed without it's noddy plastic undertray. Why not remove it?

Reply to
Fredxx

no no the splash plate behind the front discs....

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

So you mean a dust shield? Or rarely they're called back-plates or disk guards.

I don't recall a corroded or missing one was a failure. Best ask your local garage!

Reply to
Fredxx

they will let me know at the mot on monday...no doubt

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

Not an MOT failure because it is non-structural.

They are there to stop small stones getting stuck between pad and disk actually (IMHO). The rear ones on my Astra H are utterly moth-eaten but are never mentioned on the MOT.

Reply to
Andrew

My car passes every year with a bulb warning light on the dash lit up!

Reply to
ARW

good to hear

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

That does depend on the type and age of the car.

Reply to
Fredxx

what is it warning you about though ?.

Reply to
Andrew

there is a loose nut behind the wheel...tee hee

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

well it passed yesterday...just needed a track rod end...mot miracle...not bad for a 2007

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

...and 120,000 miles on original clutch

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

a wummin would have it worn out years ago...wummin have no mechanical sympath....none

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...