Spiders

No context though. Is it UK?

Reply to
Graham.

Spiders ...Arrrghhh!!!

What do yo thinks?

Reply to
Richard Donnelly

If they hadn't been trapped in that bucket they would be catching and eating other insects that you don't want in your home.

Reply to
alan_m

What is wrong with spiders, I've never quite understood why folk are frightened of them. I remember some years ago some enterprising spider had obviously laid eggs in the cracks between the tiles in my bedroom ceiling as one morning I awoke to loads of tiny spiders abseiling down on threads onto my bed It was fascinating to watch, and made one wonder where all that silk was being generated in such a tiny creature. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

It's ok. These were found whilst clearing an old shed of mine. I released them in the end. I guess they've made their way into my new shed by now though!!

Reply to
Richard Donnelly

'Other' insects isn't really quite right! :-)

Reply to
Chris Green

Yes, I think spiders do a good job, of course like anything if you get too many of one particular species of animal all sorts of things happen. It does not seem to matter to spiders if they turn cannibal. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

When my son was about 2 or 3 he asked "Why is mummy scared of spiders" I explained they are harmless and carefully put the one I'd picked up on his hand.

It immediately bit him and drew blood!

His trust in daddy...

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Crap, there;s no size comparison you can make they could be 1mm or 1 meter in lenght, it reminds me of an early (1960s) Dr. Who espisode where there were alien monsters crawing around, all they did was film a close up of some wood lice.

Reply to
whisky-dave