Source of old thermoplastic tiles in West Midlands

I'm about to lay some new floor tiles in the Kitchen. We've (got her in doors to do this) removed one layer of vinyl tiles, leaving an original layer of thermoplastic tiles in most places. There are a few areas where there aren't currently any tiles where I do want to tile. Me thinks, the easiest/cleanest method for me to build up these areas would be to put down the same type of thermoplastic tiles.

Hence the question does anyone know where I could get a few old thermoplastic tiles in the West Midlands (near Solihull preferably)

Thanks

Cliff

Reply to
Moonshine

If these tiles are only 3mm thick or so then the adhesive will take up the difference, but it's not the ~best~ way to do it. Go berserk with one of these to remove the things.

?code=55072&mainWin=1(Jeez, how difficult do they have to make it in order to paste a link to their products?)

Reply to
Toby

Hi Thanks, unfortunately the tiles I'm putting down are the cheapo self adhesive type (seems pretty much all you can get easily now). These are critical in terms of levelness of the sub floor.

My experience with them is they produce a nice quick good quality floor so long as what they are going down on is sound and level and free from any bobbly bits. Any thing else and you have problems

Reply to
Moonshine

I was hoping not to to save mess and get a finished surface quicker, but, you are right I think this is what I'll do.

Very much a novice at this game and I try and avoid anything that involves mixing and spreading :-)

Reply to
Moonshine

Why not make it up with screed?

Reply to
Scott Mills

Actually screed is pretty painless - it is very fine but when mixed has the consistancy of cream and you just pour it in, it levels off itself and you're done. It does take 24+ hours to dry though

Scott

Reply to
Scott Mills