soup box?

A friend pointed up at my end gable and said I should have my soup box cleaned out.....I didn't know what he was on about and just agreed...what was he on about? ....

Reply to
James Stewart

Soot box? Older properties often have a small hatch on the outside for accessing the chimney for sweeping etc.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

oh right

Reply to
James Stewart

Possibly means the valley down the sides of the gable roof.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes

Oh for heavens sake, SOOT BOX!!

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Id guess either at a leg pull or a square hopper collecting water friom such a valley

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Wow! Are you telepathic as well?

Reply to