Wiring regs question

In Oct 2000, I wired up this sauna directly to my fuse box, so can I be done for not getting a proper sparks to do it under the new regs of 2005?

Simon Mason

shocking

Reply to
James Stewart

Is it safe and done more or less to the regs at the time?

Then no, you are fine. Your work predates Part P notification.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Laws aren't retroactive. But electricity is.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Cheers - if only the original wiring in my kitchen was done by someone as competent as I, then, when I wired up the sauna to the 15A cooker socket, it wouldn't have gone bang in the first place.

Reply to
Simon Mason

If it is anything like the wiring he has shown us in the past that he did in his kitchen - then no.

Reply to
Judith

Wait until you see me run 22 items off one mains socket - letter to follow, as they say.

Reply to
Simon Mason

I dunno with those saggy manboobs of his.

Reply to
Paul Pot