solvent weld bends

Hi,

Here's a daft question: I see Toolstation sells two types of solvent weld bend.

A 90 degree bend:

a 92.5 degree bend:
's the difference and when do you use either type?

To answer my own question, the obvious difference is 2.5 degrees. I am guessing that 92.5 degree gives a slight angle to the pipe to aid drainage but in that case, what do you use the 90 degree bend for? Is that for connecting a vertical pipe to a trap perhaps?

TIA

Reply to
Fred
92.5 would be used between a horizontal pipe (actually with a 1:40 fall) and a vertical pipe. 90 would be used for a bend in the horizontal plane.
Reply to
RubberBiker

A normal 1:40 slope requires and angle of only 1.4 degrees.

2.5 degrees gives 1:23 - that sounds rather steeper than normal.

Horizontal bends?

Robert

Reply to
Robert Laws

> and a 92.5 degree bend:

> What's the difference and when do you use either type?

They can help with, for a good example, coming through the wall to a stack pipe, helping to get a good run angle to the stack branch. That little bit extra angle stops you forcing the last bit in. Or if there is a change in height or direction from old to new positions on appliances, they help in allowing the existing pipework to used.

It's amazing how a couple of degrees at one end of a length of pipe can dramatically change where the other end of the pipe goes. ..

Reply to
BigWallop

So my next silly (?) question must be: why is there only one type of bend in push fit and compression waste (as far as I am aware)?

Reply to
Fred

To answer my own question, I think it is because there is sufficient play in compression and push fit joints to insert the pipe at either

90 or 92 degrees?
Reply to
Fred