solar mobile phone charger

In message , at

14:52:16 on Wed, 24 Sep 2014, JoeJoe remarked:

There are similar items for use inside a car, which come with a fitting kit that includes wiring it into the main battery supply.

Just guessing, but most cars with a light inside the boot are arranged so it comes on regardless of the state of the ignition switch, so there must be some power available locally.

Reply to
Roland Perry

In message , at 14:52:31 on Wed, 24 Sep 2014, Chris French remarked:

I don't think that aspect will be different, when comparing an iPhone and a suitable tracking device.

Reply to
Roland Perry

The trackers I can find on eBay all require a 2G only sim, which seriously limits you when looking for cheap data connections :-)

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

Angled glass, a massive boot and headrests infront of it make it difficult to get near enough to it to see it.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

Three pay as you go, apparently the credit doesn't expire.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

I mentioned a cheap PAYG sim elsewhere that would cost a couple of pounds a year for the use it will get.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan