Circular saws

I have an opportunity to buy a Triton TA184CSL at a very good price. Does anyone know how it compares with (eg) Bosch blue GKS 190, or Makita 5704RK?

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Its got a cast base plate which is usually a good sign, and the top handle is quite substantial which ought to make it easier to find a comfortable way to hold it. So if the price is right, probably worth a punt.

Reply to
John Rumm

I class circ saws with drills. Unlike routers and jigsaws, even the cheap ones work pretty well.

Reply to
stuart noble

Interesting comment. I've worn out two Aldi drills, but my Makita drill is (currently) doing fine.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

I'd agree about circ saws, but cheap cordless drills are dreadful compared to Makita et al.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Think the comparison was to mains drills? With a cordless, the battery is the important - and the most expensive - part.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I was thinking of mains drills. You're too young to remember those :-)

Reply to
stuart noble

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Certainly my reply (comparing Aldi and Makita) was for mains powered drills. (There's no way I'd be able to power a mortar paddle with an Aldi cordless drill!)

Reply to
Martin Bonner