Sodium Chlorate ban

I have often wished I had known in advance of impending EU bans.

Notice in local garden centre states sale of Sodium Chlorate is being banned by EU from Sept 2009.

Hope that is useful info.

Reply to
jim

In article , jim scribeth thus

What a pity;( used to use a lot of that especially to kill the weeds around bonfire nite;))..

Reply to
tony sayer

Yes a shame; I also used to kill a lot of weeds around bonfire night ;-) However, from a gardening point of view generic glyphosate works out a lot cheaper and is more effective, so poisoning the soil with sodium chlorate is not needed or desirable any more.

Reply to
David in Normandy

In message , tony sayer writes

That's very cruel of you Tony, I hope you added some sugar to sweeten the mix for them.

Reply to
Bill

AIUI they're banning that too.

Reply to
John Stumbles

In message , David in Normandy writes

I have an area that I want basically dead and a watering with a saturated solution of sodium Chlorate every 2-3 years does a marvellous job, must invest in some before it becomes unavailable.

Reply to
Bill

In article , Bill scribeth thus

Yes can't remember the exact ratio now but there was one that really blew them away;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

Serious? I'd be lost without glyphosate, my garden is over an acre!

Reply to
David in Normandy

Fortunately sodium choride does a similar job.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Tsk! You should be using nematoads, or sheep, or butterflys, or something. I shall inform Greenpeace immediately about your environmental vandalism.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I have one helluva job keeping the likkle nematoads in my garden; they keep going into next door's and do not listen to me when I call them back.

Reply to
Clot

I'm surprised that that isn't banned too, on account of it allegedly causing hypertension.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Crumbs, if you think that salt is bad, you should be seriously worried about DHMO.

Clot

nematodes, butterflies. You can always tell the generation where boys studied physics rather than biology.

Reply to
PJ

or Inglisch. R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

A low salt diet is far worse than a high salt diet. FUD again.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Evidence?..

Reply to
tony sayer

How do you make fireworks with that? ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

The Medway Handyman

It is not the salt but the FUD that worries me

ARWadsworth